Dr Igor’s Toasted Coconut Macaroons Dipped in Hemp Infused Dark Chocolate Recipe
Coconut is rich in copper and iron while dark chocolate is thought to reduce inflammation and insulin resistance
Have you ever wanted to make macaroons as part of your Christmas cookie lineup? Ever feared they might be too complex? Well, we have your problem solved. These simple yet delicious toasted coconut macaroons dipped in dark chocolate will be the perfect addition to your cookie recipe archive.
Made with coconut flakes, vanilla and cinnamon, toasted to perfection then dipped in hemp-infused chocolate. Hemp oil is known to be a heart-healthy ingredient high in antioxidants and amino acids, it also gives the chocolate a perfect texture for dipping. Coconut is high in manganese, essential for bone health and metabolism. Coconut is also rich in copper and iron while dark chocolate is thought to reduce inflammation and insulin resistance.
Make this healthy take on a sweet treat favorite easily and impress your holiday guests this season. Read on for Dr. Igor’s Toasted Coconut Macaroons with Hemp Infused Dark Chocolate. Make sure to check CBD Seniors regularly for more easy hemp recipes!
- 3 1/2 Cups unsweetened flaked coconut (coconut chips)
- 4 large egg whites
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/ tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 4 oz dark 75% chocolate
- 1 Tbsp organic hemp oil
Related: Could CBD be the missing addition to your weight loss regimen? Find out more about CBD and its possible impacts on weight loss and obesity here.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Combine all ingredients besides chocolate and hemp oil in large stainless steel or glass bowl. I prefer stainless steel because it heats faster.
- Set the bowl directly in a skillet of simmering water, the bowl should sit comfortably in the pot/skillet but not bob in the water. Adjust the water accordingly.
- Continuously stir the mixture with a silicone spatula, making sure to scrape the sides and bottom to prevent any burning.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes until the egg whites have thickened and turned opaque in colour and the mixture is very hot to the touch.
- Now set the batter aside off the skillet and let sit and absorb for 15- 30 minutes, the longer sit time the better.
- Make neat even heaps of about 2 Tbsp of batter 2 inches apart of the cookie sheets.
- Bake for 5 minutes or until the coconut starts to pick up some colour. At this point lower the oven temp to 325 and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes.
- Rotate the sheets at the halfway mark for more even baking. When finished the cookies should be a nice cream with golden =brown edges and bottoms. Let them cool completely before removing from the parchment.
- While the macaroons cool, make your hemp chocolate topping. The easiest way to make this for me is in the microwave. Simply chop your chocolate into small consistent chunks. Place in a microwavable bowl with the hemp oil and microwave for about 3 30 second increments or until melted and consistent. Be sure not to overdo it here or the chocolate will seize and be un-dippable.
- Once the cookies have cooled completely set up a wire rack and one at a time dip into the chocolate and place to set on the rack. The chocolate should set up in 15-30 minute depending on kitchen temperature.
- Enjoy these decadent macaroons as a perfect addition to the Christmas cookie lineup.
For more hemp recipes that can be made at home, visit CBD seniors by clicking here.