An MBA From St. Kabir Institute Of Professional Studies Is More Than Just A Degree In Management
St. Kabir Institute of Professional Studies focuses on Profile Enhancement of its students from an early stage of their academic career.
A business degree is among one of the most sought qualifications in the current corporate world and in this country of billions, millions of people graduate with a business degree every year. With job opportunities shrinking by the minute, what makes the difference between making the cut in a recruitment drive and missing it, is the fusion of the skill set of a candidate and his management degree. This is where the unique course design of St. Kabir Institute of Professional Studies (SKIPS) comes in.
SKIPS is an institute that has made a switch from the traditional way of imparting a business degree. During the course of the degree at the institution, they try to bridge the gap between the skill set that is desired by corporates in the current world and the skills of a management degree holder. Their curriculum is designed in such a way that the different skills and abilities possessed by very student are recognized and refined, resulting in them becoming highly skilled individuals. Ready for the highly competitive corporate world where they are looking to make a living.
Along with the normal management curriculum, the SKIPS MBA focuses on developing the:
- Interview skills
- Self – awareness
- Resume building
- Communication skills
- Positive attitude
- Body language
- Inter – personal skills
- Goal orientation
- Presentation skills
- Job specific technical skills
- Entrepreneurial skills
- Business Etiquettes
- Non-Verbal Communication skills
- Negotiation skills
- Life-long skills
Of their students, making them graduate with more than just an MBA or a PGDM. This approach alone makes SKIPS unique in the country where MBA colleges exist in abundance, churning out millions of graduates every year. However, an MBA from SKIPS breaks the monotony of this field and inculcates in its students, what corporates are actually hunting for.
Profile Enhancement Program at SKIPS
St. Kabir Institute of Professional Studies is one of the very few, if not the only, institution in the country that focuses on Profile Enhancement of its students from an early stage of their academic career. SKIPS knows and recognizes the fact that a simple business degree is not what the job market demands right now and hence, under its Profile Enhancement Program, they prepare their students for different industry-focussed examinations. In addition to an MBA or a PGDM, SKIPS makes sure that their graduates have sector-specific certifications, making them ready to take on the job market.
The course pedagogy at SKIPS consists of a well – thought out combination of:
- Role plays That help in preparing for unfamiliar or difficult situations, a skill that is very widely sought by corporates.
- Seminars: That help keep the students motivated and energized for the field that they are going to be a part of.
- Workshops: That help in refining the skills possessed by the students.
- Case Study method: That encourages students to think and come up with solutions to actual problems, enhancing their creative capabilities.
- Simulated Exercise: These help in preparing the students to experience the effects of their decision-making prowess in a risk-free environment. Nurturing and enhancing decision-making for their professional lives.
- Group Projects: These help in making students experience what working in a team feels like and how the team needs have to be prioritized over personal ones.
- Internships: There is nothing that can replace the experience of actually working in a corporate setup and hence, internships become an important part of the course.
- Group Discussion: Not only in the selection process but at SKIPS, GDs form a major part of the curriculum as it enhances leadership and logical thinking capabilities along with communication and team-building skills.
- Industrial Visits: Industrial visits organized by SKIPS allow its students to have an exposure practical working environment of the industries they aspire to be a part of, in the near future.
- Live-Projects: Live projects are primarily aimed at improving students’ job skills and providing industry experience and insights. Applying their management knowledge in a real-time environment is the most practical way for MBA graduates
- Capstone Projects: A capstone usually serves as the most intensive collaborative project of an MBA curriculum. SKIPS capstones require students to work in teams, delegating tasks to address problems just as real companies would. Many projects see students work alongside local organizations to develop solutions to actual business issues.
- MOOC Courses: By seeking out MOOCs and other free online courses in their field, SKIPS students get ahead of their fellow applicants by expanding their learning and brushing up on existing knowledge way ahead of them.
Log on to skips.in for more information about the eligibility criteria, the admission process and specific course design.